XQD cards are a memory card format extensively used in professional-level cameras. Still, cameras and high-quality video cameras benefit from the vast storage and speed offered by the XQD cards. Let us look at what are XQD cards:
- XQD card is a memory card format initially developed to be a successor to the CompactFlash cards.
- As for the data transfer interface, it uses PCI express.
If you have been using the XQD card for your data storage, you must know the storage area's benefits. Here are the benefits offered by the XQD cards:
- Storage size: The storage size of XQD cards is enormous. A 1 Tb size is already present, making it a prudent choice for everyone with more extensive storage needs. An XQD card makes more sense for photographers and videographers as the high-resolution pictures and videos would better fit XQD cards.
- The read and write speed: The read and write speeds of a camera are essential. Photographers may not take it into account when looking for a storage option, but it is one factor that helps improve their camera's performance. For example, when a photographer needs to click multiple pictures of a moment, the read and write speed would matter.
- Safety and protection: The shell strength of the XQD card has helped to improve durability and physical strength. Due to this, it is less susceptible to breakage, bending, or other material defects. This helps in better protection in extreme temperatures and transport, making it a good choice for photographers.
However, like any other electronic device, XQD cards are at risk of corruption or the data getting lost due to innumerous reasons. That situation would be a dreaded one for any person who has important data on their device. For example, a photographer hired to do a wedding shoot cannot miss the scene where the bride kisses the groom. Imagine a situation if you are that photographer hired for the wedding, and you managed to click all the pictures of all the moments beautifully. But when you get home to look at them, you find out that your XQD card is corrupted and your data is all lost. You could potentially lose the client and your reputation as well. If the situation is critical like this, hiring a reputed data recovery service should be your priority.
Here's how to recover your data in a situation like this:
- Stop using the XQD card: Whenever you find out that there is something wrong with your XQD card and can't access your data, stop using it immediately.
- Use data recovery software: There are many free and paid data recovery software that offer XQD card recovery. Download them onto your computer to help recover your data.
- Connect the XQD card with your computer.
- Select the XQD card to start the recovery process.
- Specify the file type: Specify the file type you want to recover, like photos, videos, documents, etc.
- Preview and recover: Preview all the files you are looking for and select the ones you need to recover. After this step, you can click on the recover option, and your data would be back.
If there is some other complication and you cannot recover your data, hiring a professional for XQD Card recovery should be your priority as you cannot risk the data.